Tuesday, August 30, 2016
Act 3 Scene 1
In this scene we finally see Hamlets famous part, his "to be or not to be" soliloquy. His part is significant because he essentially asked himself weather it was better to be alive or dead. He ultimately decided to live because it is better than the unknowing world of the dead. Not only that he is afraid of what might happen if he kills himself. Soon after his line we see Ophelia approach him. In this instant we get an exiting exchange between the two. I kind of imagined Hamlet being a bit aggressive towards Ophelia when this occurred and Ophelia sort of just taking it. I would imagine she would act afraid and surprised by Hamlets responses. She is essentially doing this because she is worried about Hamlet. Knowing that it is a plan devised by the king and her father. She plays her part while knowingly being watched. It seems as if Hamlet is alone in this play. I wonder if anyone will join his side later on in the play.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment