Wednesday, August 17, 2016
Hamlet Act 1
Wow, Hamlet is weird, like I mean really weird. Theirs a ghost, soldiers and a bunch of weird old saying like "tush tush", what more do you need? Despite all the weirdness and confusion I first felt when reading this play I kinda got a sense for it and made some realizations. These soldiers or I guess they were called sentinels, are actually in Denmark. Yea I know what you're thinking, Denmark the happiest nation in the world, what can possibly be so interesting there? Well actually a lot of things, we know they're in Denmark because they refer to the Dane. This is directly referring to the Danish king who I guess these sentinels were guarding, possibly a castle or a territory, we dont really know. We also know that these men are loyal to the king and are terribly frightened of this ghost that looks like a now deceased past king. Honestly im still a little confused about all this thats going on. So much is happening in a little moments time. If only Shakespeare would have included instructions on how to act out these scenes. I would love to know how and when these characters come in because its still very unclear and making a mental image is quite hard. Despite that I kinda like play. It creates this bleak but also fast paced atmosphere that is truly unique. Maybe because its in Denmark and its freezing cold that I feel this way. Nonetheless I cant wait to see how to play progresses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment