Sunday, August 21, 2016


  • So far Hamlet has been my least favorite character. I mean this guy has some serious daddy and mommy issues. Too bad anti-psychotics hadn't been invented yet so i guess he'll have to deal. So far the story has progress so much in act 1 that its a little confusing at this point. But heres is the gist of it. His dads brother married his mother so his uncle is also his step father. AND funny thing is that his uncle killed his father. Kinda funny honestly just how messed up this all is. Anyways we know this because that mysterious ghost that looks like his father was in fact ACTUALLY his dad. I mean way to mess with a kids head huh? Now Hamlet wants revenge. OH and theirs a girl. I mean isn't their always? Ophelia is a young noble woman of Denmark who is in love with Hamlet. Shes kinda a wimp to be completely honest. Shes such a weak character and that's why i don't like her. She needs to start having a voice of her own. Anyways her daddy told her to stop sleeping with Hamlet so she was like, "oh ok" *insert sad face*. I guess thats really the gist of act 1. 

1 comment:

  1. Love your engagement with the play! Also make sure to keep a running log of characters too-- so you have a working study guide of the play for later use!

    ReplyDelete